At this level, mentioning Tim Holtz will certainly have no effect on you. You probably know his well-known Distress inks, or his collection of steampunk style papers, but deep down, who really is Tim Holtz?
Tim Holtz seems to be a strange parishioner in the world of scrapbook design, monopolized mostly by women. Tim Holtz is therefore one of the first to develop his particular creativity in a woman's world, and he managed to open doors and minds.
Scrapbooking according to Tim Holtz
But in addition to breaking these clichés, Tim Holtz is also one of the first to enter the world of scrapbooking with a much less naive and pink style like the one we usually know. He is responsible for introducing dark and retro tones into paper collections, decorative elements with a touch of steampunk, in short, a slightly more manly style. And, frankly, the change from "pink to black" was well appreciated and very useful to make a photo album for darker events, such as Halloween or even original invitation cards.
You will know Tim as the designer of the famous Ranger company, with whom he created his most famous products, but he also participates in other collections with other brands such as Advantus, Stampers Anonymous, Sizzix, Tonic Studios and Core´dinations
Tim Holtz's Embellishments
For 17 years, Tim devoted himself to artistic themes, working in a craft shop in Arizona. At the time, he was a representative of the famous CHA fair - the fair many of us would kill to attend - after a first visit, Tim contacted manufacturers and suppliers and began to take an interest in stamping. That's why, when he went to the AMP, he always took some samples of his own work with him and finally showed them to the Ranger representatives. Finally, in 2003, his dream came true and the brand invited him to present some of his creations at the fair that same year. From then on, Tim Holtz's name began to resonate through his very personal style that filled an obvious void in this area.
Tim Holtz's Inks
His popularity has remained on the rise since then, and you certainly have at least one product he would have designed on your desk. One of the most famous products is Distress inks, this little wonder that makes it possible to age any project. Presented in different colours, these water-based inks react to contact with water to age scrapbook pages, but also create degraded, oxidized and customized background effects. If you want to age a photo, that's what you need! Simply apply the ink in circular movements until the desired effect is achieved. One wonders how this ink can achieve such purposes so effectively!
Thanks to the success of the first colours of Distress ink (the original range had ochre tones), the range of colours has expanded to more than 60 today. These inks are so famous that the same colours are included in the Distress Stain, Distress Spray, Distress markers and embossing powders ranges.
Another of its flagship products are stencils with this eternal vintage style that defines it so much. With its geometric and damask shapes, they are ideal for creating Mixed Media backgrounds and projects by combining them with pencils, pastels, chalk or acrylic paint.
Tim Holtz's Templates
Another classic: the cutting dies he created for the Sizzix brand: retro butterflies, feathers, alphabets under full of different styles, gears... Always with his particular style and unique in the world!
Die-Cutting with Tim Holtz
Tim certainly provokes a lot of comments because his creations with these decorative elements give us a retro look that pleases us a lot. Who hasn't fallen in love with these mini gears on our LayOuts, or these keys to decorate a diary? There is so much diversity on these products that it is very easy to include them in any project.
Items 241-280 of 693
- Sizzix Tim Holtz’s Big Shot Sidekick Starter KitRegular Price £53.82 Special Price £38.92
- Sizzix Bigz Swan Die Cut Template 662502Regular Price £17.55 Special Price £14.04Out of stock
- Sizzix Bigz Q Unicorn Softee Die Cut 662506Regular Price £40.94 Special Price £32.75
- Retractable Distress Blending Brushes by Tim HoltzRegular Price £11.03 Special Price £9.37
- Textured Resist Spray DistressRegular Price £7.35 Special Price £6.25
- Variety of Distress Tags for mixed media by Tim HoltzRegular Price £5.51 Special Price £4.68
- Blueprints Beer Mini Rubber Stamps by Tim HoltzRegular Price £10.12 Special Price £8.60
- Blueprints Cocktails Mini Rubber Stamps by Tim HoltzRegular Price £10.12 Special Price £8.60
- TIM HOLTZ #03 KIT DISTRESS OXIDE INKRegular Price £66.24 Special Price £52.99
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Gathered Twigs InkRegular Price £5.51 Special Price £4.41
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Forest Moss InkRegular Price £5.51 Special Price £4.41Out of stock
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Bundled Sage InkRegular Price £5.51 Special Price £4.41Out of stock
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Carved Pumpkin InkRegular Price £5.51 Special Price £4.41Out of stock
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Tattered Rose InkRegular Price £5.51 Special Price £4.41
- Bigz Steampunk Frames Die by Tim Holtz for Sizzix - 657182Regular Price £14.71 Special Price £13.24Out of stock
- Bigz Brackets Frame Die by Tim Holtz for Sizzix - 657030Regular Price £14.71 Special Price £13.24Out of stock
- Die Bigz Twigs Frame for Sizzix by Tim Holtz - 657183Regular Price £14.71 Special Price £13.24Out of stock
- Bigz On The Fence Frame Die for Sizzix by Tim Holtz - 657030Regular Price £14.71 Special Price £13.24Out of stock
- Tim Holtz Mini Rotary tool Perforator Cutter and ScorerRegular Price £5.51 Special Price £4.96Out of stock
- Tim Holt Die Cut Chevron for Sizzix - Framework 659428£14.71Out of stock
- Ranger Set 3 Metalllic crayons DistressRegular Price £6.43 Special Price £5.14
- Archival Ink Mini Storage TinRegular Price £6.43 Special Price £5.14Out of stock
- Tag Press Rings 0.75”£4.59