Adhesives, Glues & Protectors for Scrapbooking
Glue and other kinds of adhesives
Adhesive glue is one of your best friends in the scrapbooking world. Without glue, there’s no start, no support, nothing. So you better choose wisely which is the best for your project and what other types of adhesive exist to enhance your album.
How does adhesive glue work?
There’s a difference between adhesive, glue or sealants. Not every glue fits for any scrap project. You may think any kind of glue should be fine, but it’s not, actually and might regret using it when you see your project falling into pieces. You must use a scrapbooking adhesive, which is acid and lignin free. These chemical components are in many adhesive products, but they severely damage your photographs. You risk burning, yellowing it or destroying the gelatine protective film of your photo. Through time, your picture would be totally wasted. Furthermore, the adhesive can also damage the printed papers or the inks you use. Which is why it’s essential to get some acid and lignin free adhesive.
Now you know the difference between regular glue and scrapbooking one, you need to know which kind of adhesive fits better for which project.
Double-sided adhesive is a dry scrapbooking adhesive. It’s usually presented in tape or with applicator. It’s the scrapbooker’s favourite adhesive to glue papers and photos. The material does not ripple, it’s easy to apply and you don’t risk messing the rest of your project. Another double-sided adhesive are Glue Dots, which are adhesive drops, great for heavy embellishments.
Liquid adhesives, or PVA, are more appropriate for collage, card-making and to glue embellishments of any material. You still have to be careful, since every scrapbooking adhesive have their proper characteristics. Mod Podge has different finishes, for instance, and they also fit as protective layer or varnish for your project. For small or precise project, the best id to get a glue pen, so you’ll be able to add the adhesive just right where you need it. Another great product should be the glossy accents, which is super strong and adds a gorgeous glossy finish to your projects.
Small adhesive triangles you place on the corner of the pictures to hold them still. The pros s there is no direct contact with the picture, so, no risk to burn it, and you can change the photo whenever you want to. Plus these triangles can be decorated and customized with different colours and finishes.
They are double-sided adhesive foam shapes. You can use them as embellishments and to stick pictures, stars embellishments or papers, and also give some dimension to the project you’re on. You can also practice some technique to get shaker cards.
You can use flat magnets you’d hide behind a paper or a picture, or bigger ones to use them as a decoration just like you do it on your fridge.
That may be the one we use most. The difference is that the scrap one does not have acid or lignin when you stick it to pictures. We recommend this kind of adhesive when you use tissue paper or napkins, when you do collage and for light and thin materials.
Liquid silicon and hot melt adhesives are other kind of adhesive. Hot melt adhesive guns are great for heavy materials, like fibres or tassels. Liquid adhesive are good for materials like EVA foam, light but also a bit thick.
When we deal with adhesive, we also MUST have a plan B in case we made a mistake and ruined everything by gluing everywhere. The adhesive eraser will be a pretty useful tool to remove the excess without damaging the paper and letting it all sticky. Alright, it’s not perfect and nothing will magically disappear a 100%, but it does a pretty good job with water-based adhesives. And no matter what kind of project you’re going to do, remember to always try the adhesive on a small part of the material you use aside of the project to get the result beforehand and avoid any mess.
Items 1-40 of 184
- Aleene’s Leather and SuedeTacky GlueRegular Price £3.91 Special Price £3.32
- Aleene’s Fabric Flexible Tacky GlueRegular Price £4.27 Special Price £3.62Out of stock
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Tacky GlueRegular Price £7.11 Special Price £6.04
- Aleene’s School Tacky GlueRegular Price £1.77 Special Price £1.51
- Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky GlueRegular Price £2.67 Special Price £2.26Out of stock
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue 3,78LRegular Price £30.17 Special Price £25.64Out of stock
- Aleene’s Easy Flow Tacky GlueRegular Price £2.03 Special Price £1.73
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Always Ready Tacky GlueRegular Price £2.67 Special Price £2.26Out of stock
- Aleene’s Turbo Always Ready Tacky GlueRegular Price £3.55 Special Price £3.02Out of stock
- Aleene’s Premium Tacky Glue PenRegular Price £4.45 Special Price £3.77
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue PenRegular Price £4.45 Special Price £3.77
- Aleene’s Adhesive Dots 9,5mmRegular Price £3.55 Special Price £3.02
- Aleene’s Adhesive Dots 13mmRegular Price £3.55 Special Price £3.02Out of stock
- Aleene's OK to Wash-It Glue 118mlRegular Price £4.71 Special Price £4.00
- Aleene's Paper GlazeRegular Price £5.33 Special Price £4.53Out of stock
- Moxy Set of 2 Fine Tip Glue PensRegular Price £8.01 Special Price £5.60
- Scor-Pal Scor-Tape Double-Sided Adhesive Sheets 15x15cmRegular Price £4.27 Special Price £3.42
- Adhesive sheets 30x30cmRegular Price £22.25 Special Price £14.46
- Tonic Little Craft Tacky Funky GlueRegular Price £1.33 Special Price £1.06
- Nuvo Smooth Precision Glue PenRegular Price £3.55 Special Price £2.84
- Nuvo Medium Flat Tip Glue PenRegular Price £3.55 Special Price £2.84
- Orita Taky glue with applicator 125mlRegular Price £3.99 Special Price £2.26
- Orita Taky glue 250mlRegular Price £100.00 Special Price £3.02
- SUPER DEAL **50%** Artemio Yellow Wax SealRegular Price £5.38 Special Price £2.69
- Amelie Prager Fast Drying White Glue 100grRegular Price £2.78 Special Price £2.03
- Amelie Prager Fast Drying White GlueRegular Price £4.41 Special Price £2.66
- Lawn Fawn Glue TubeRegular Price £4.00 Special Price £3.40Out of stock
- We R Memory Keepers USB Power Tools, Mini Glue GunRegular Price £22.24 Special Price £15.57
- Artemio NEW Glue Gun Kit + 10 sticksRegular Price £11.63 Special Price £8.72
- Stamperia Heavy Body FinishRegular Price £4.78 Special Price £4.25
- Stamperia Extra Gloss FinishRegular Price £5.53 Special Price £4.92
- Stamperia Super Strong GlueRegular Price £9.48 Special Price £7.11
- Hawthorne Fine-tipped Glue marker by Heidi Swapp for MincRegular Price £4.44 Special Price £3.11
- Nuvo Glue PenRegular Price £5.33 Special Price £4.26
- Nuvo Deluxe GlueRegular Price £5.33 Special Price £4.26Out of stock
- SUPER DEAL **50%** 3 Pink Glitter Glue SetRegular Price £4.44 Special Price £2.23Out of stock
- SUPER DEAL **50%** 3 Silver Glitter Glues SetRegular Price £4.44 Special Price £2.23Out of stock
- Gorjuss Set 6 Glitter glue PostalRegular Price £9.61 Special Price £6.94
- Aleene's Tacky Glue SticksRegular Price £1.56 Special Price £1.32Out of stock