Adhesives, Glues & Protectors for Scrapbooking
Glue and other kinds of adhesives
Adhesive glue is one of your best friends in the scrapbooking world. Without glue, there’s no start, no support, nothing. So you better choose wisely which is the best for your project and what other types of adhesive exist to enhance your album.
How does adhesive glue work?
There’s a difference between adhesive, glue or sealants. Not every glue fits for any scrap project. You may think any kind of glue should be fine, but it’s not, actually and might regret using it when you see your project falling into pieces. You must use a scrapbooking adhesive, which is acid and lignin free. These chemical components are in many adhesive products, but they severely damage your photographs. You risk burning, yellowing it or destroying the gelatine protective film of your photo. Through time, your picture would be totally wasted. Furthermore, the adhesive can also damage the printed papers or the inks you use. Which is why it’s essential to get some acid and lignin free adhesive.
Now you know the difference between regular glue and scrapbooking one, you need to know which kind of adhesive fits better for which project.
Double-sided adhesive is a dry scrapbooking adhesive. It’s usually presented in tape or with applicator. It’s the scrapbooker’s favourite adhesive to glue papers and photos. The material does not ripple, it’s easy to apply and you don’t risk messing the rest of your project. Another double-sided adhesive are Glue Dots, which are adhesive drops, great for heavy embellishments.
Liquid adhesives, or PVA, are more appropriate for collage, card-making and to glue embellishments of any material. You still have to be careful, since every scrapbooking adhesive have their proper characteristics. Mod Podge has different finishes, for instance, and they also fit as protective layer or varnish for your project. For small or precise project, the best id to get a glue pen, so you’ll be able to add the adhesive just right where you need it. Another great product should be the glossy accents, which is super strong and adds a gorgeous glossy finish to your projects.
Small adhesive triangles you place on the corner of the pictures to hold them still. The pros s there is no direct contact with the picture, so, no risk to burn it, and you can change the photo whenever you want to. Plus these triangles can be decorated and customized with different colours and finishes.
They are double-sided adhesive foam shapes. You can use them as embellishments and to stick pictures, stars embellishments or papers, and also give some dimension to the project you’re on. You can also practice some technique to get shaker cards.
You can use flat magnets you’d hide behind a paper or a picture, or bigger ones to use them as a decoration just like you do it on your fridge.
That may be the one we use most. The difference is that the scrap one does not have acid or lignin when you stick it to pictures. We recommend this kind of adhesive when you use tissue paper or napkins, when you do collage and for light and thin materials.
Liquid silicon and hot melt adhesives are other kind of adhesive. Hot melt adhesive guns are great for heavy materials, like fibres or tassels. Liquid adhesive are good for materials like EVA foam, light but also a bit thick.
When we deal with adhesive, we also MUST have a plan B in case we made a mistake and ruined everything by gluing everywhere. The adhesive eraser will be a pretty useful tool to remove the excess without damaging the paper and letting it all sticky. Alright, it’s not perfect and nothing will magically disappear a 100%, but it does a pretty good job with water-based adhesives. And no matter what kind of project you’re going to do, remember to always try the adhesive on a small part of the material you use aside of the project to get the result beforehand and avoid any mess.
Items 161-194 of 194
- Replacements for Professional 3M ATG double sided tape dispenser£6.35Out of stock
- Cyanoacrylate, Box of 12 units 50 gr.Regular Price £65.14 Special Price £58.62
- Xyron Adhesive EraserRegular Price £2.22 Special Price £1.55Out of stock
- Mod Podge Paper Matte
Starting at £6.67
- 3D Foam Squares, BlackRegular Price £2.66 Special Price £1.73
- 3D Foam Squares, WhiteRegular Price £2.66 Special Price £1.73Out of stock
- Scrapbook Adhesives Basic KitRegular Price £9.54 Special Price £6.20Out of stock
- Ranger Multi Medium, MatteRegular Price £6.43 Special Price £5.14
- Mod Podge (original) Mate Plaid 236ml.Regular Price £8.90 Special Price £6.37Out of stock
- 6 Hot-melt silicon bars, glitter effect, 0.275 in. 18003020Regular Price £2.30 Special Price £1.73
- Saver Kit Silicone Gun + 18 silicone bars (6 Glitter,...Regular Price £11.04 Special Price £8.28
- Paper Mod Podge 236ml. GlossRegular Price £8.90 Special Price £7.72Out of stock
- Crackle AccentsRegular Price £5.52 Special Price £4.42
- Enamel AccentsRegular Price £5.51 Special Price £4.41Out of stock
- Mod Podge starter kit 5 units.Regular Price £13.97 Special Price £13.72
- Glue for gemsRegular Price £4.83 Special Price £4.35Out of stock
- Crafting Liquid Silicone
Starting at £1.57Out of stock
- Zig 2 Way Glue pen Bevelled ChiselRegular Price £3.61 Special Price £3.06Out of stock
- Americana Decoupage Sealer Glue Finish
Starting at £1.99
- Adhesive linen ribbon, 16.40 ft. 13080013Regular Price £4.03 Special Price £3.03
- Hot Melt Silicone Bars 40+10 free barsRegular Price £4.15 Special Price £3.73
- Hot Melt Silicone Bars 12+3 free barsRegular Price £3.25 Special Price £2.93Out of stock
- Sale Silicon Heat Gun+ 2 barsRegular Price £5.51 Special Price £4.13
- White Glue for crafting
Starting at £3.92
- Genuine Mod Podge – Gloss
Starting at £4.15