Letterpress & Letterpress Kit
Letterpress is the art of mechanically printing relief shapes in paper. This was the most widespread printing technique since Gutenberg. It gradually fell into disuse in the middle of the 20th century, giving way to offset printing and recently to digital printing.
This type of printing has had a renaissance in recent years since digital techniques have meant that all prints have become more "generic". We love special unique documents and due to this, some scrapers have encouraged the use of this method since it is entirely manual, and certainly adds a particular value to those who seek for differentiation in certain pieces of design such as stationery sets, business cards, wedding invitations to name a few.
The whole point of letterpress is the famous hollow left by the pressure of the printer form on the paper. It gives relief to the design and it is quite naturally that the finger confirms what seduced the eye. Letterpress colours are incredibly deep and bright, because they are usually pure colours.
Today's’ letterpress kits are very different from what they used to be in the 19th century. Nowadays, it is used on most beautiful papers (heavy weighted scrapbooking papers) with the highest quality inks.
But the biggest difference is that now it is possible to print any design in a letterpress kit, and not just lead letters patiently arranged in text.
Therefore, lettering is not outdated at all, and offer you a great tradition of quality craftsmanship combined with the best of today's technology.
Many effects are possible:
Debossing: the pressure creates a hollow that can be left as it is (dry debossing) or ink can be applied.
Embossing: It is also possible to emboss (emboss), we will then obtain an external relief. You can do both debossing and embossing with our Sizzix die cutting machines and compatibles.
Hot stamping: by pressing a film (gold, silver, hologram...) you can obtain metallic and brilliant effects but for example, you can also write on a dark background. The Minc and the newly recently arrived Foil Quill allow you to create almost anything from your Minc or your Brother, Cricut and Silhouette machine.
- We R Memory Keepers Mini EvolutionRegular Price £55.19 Special Price £38.63
- We R Memory Keepers Letterpress KitRegular Price £45.99 Special Price £32.19
- Letterpress Printing Plates - Finder's KeepersRegular Price £22.99 Special Price £16.09
- Letterpress Printing Plates - Clearly PoshRegular Price £22.99 Special Price £16.09
- Letterpress Printing Plates - Documentary Dear LizzyRegular Price £22.99 Special Price £16.09
- Letterpress Printing Plate Shimelle True StoriesRegular Price £22.99 Special Price £16.09
- Mat B Magnetic CuttingRegular Price £13.79 Special Price £9.65Out of stock
- Mat A Magnetic CuttingRegular Price £18.39 Special Price £12.87
- SUPER DEALSUPER DEAL **30%** Genius Ultimate Platform SystemRegular Price £49.13 Special Price £34.39
- SUPER DEALSUPER DEAL **40%** Light Green Ink for LetterpressRegular Price £6.35 Special Price £3.94
- SUPER DEALSUPER DEAL **40%** Letterpress Script Impression PlatesRegular Price £22.24 Special Price £13.79
- SUPER DEALSUPER DEAL **40%** Letterpress Typewriter Impression PlatesRegular Price £22.99 Special Price £13.79
- SUPER DEALSUPER DEAL **40%** Letterpress Floral Impression PlatesRegular Price £22.24 Special Price £13.79
- SUPER DEALSUPER DEAL **50%** Letterpress Journaling Impression PlatesRegular Price £22.24 Special Price £11.50
- SUPER DEALSUPER DEAL **40%** Letterpress Home Made Impression PlatesRegular Price £22.24 Special Price £13.79
- SUPER DEALSUPER DEAL **40%** Spray Cleaner for Letterpress LifestyleRegular Price £6.35 Special Price £3.94
- Evolution Advanced by We R Memory KeepersRegular Price £110.39 Special Price £77.27